How expensive is Amsterdam? How much money should I take to Amsterdam? That’s the question probably everyone is curious about while planning a vacation in the Netherlands. Here are the prices in 2020 that will help you calculate your approximate budget.
Prices in Amsterdam in 2020
Amsterdam Public Transport Prices
Tip: for long-distance travels inside Holland check for discounted day tickets (dagkaarten), which are often sold in shops like Blokker, Kruidvat, HEMA, Etos or Albert Heijn.
Museums & Attractions Prices in Amsterdam
Tip: buying museum tickets online will help you avoid long waiting lines. Sometimes it will also save you a couple of euros compared to the counter price.
Cafes, bars, restaurants in Amsterdam
- € 3,50 – 5 – a glass (0,33) of beer
- € 3,50 – 5 – a glass of wine
- € 2,50 – 3,50 – a cup of coffee
- € 5 – 6 – soup
- € 6 – 12 – sandwich
- from € 30 – three course menu dinner (per person, alcohol not included).
Supermarkets in Amsterdam
- from € 4 – a bottle of wine
- € 4-7 – a package (6 х 0,33) of beer
- € 1-2 – one liter of juice
- € 3 – 250 gr of salami
- € 6 – one kilo of chicken filet
Check prices in Dutch supermarkets >>
Tip: if you visit Albert Heijn shops (the largest Ducht chain of supermarkets) ask for a free bonus card at the Information desk and get discounts for a wide selection of products.
Souvenirs and shopping in Amsterdam
- € 30 – Dutch wooden shoes
- € 10 – for 3 packages of tulips bulbs
- € 1,50 – stroopwafels (10 pieces)
- approx. € 14 – one liter bottle of Genever
- diamonds in Amsterdam – check here >>
- Bloemenmarkt (the Flower Market) offers the biggest and the cheapest selection of souvenirs in Amsterdam, while museum shops offer more chic and sophisticated items.
- At big department stores, like De Bijenkorf, you can order everything you like in online (saves time!) and pick up your order at the customer service desk.
Hotels in Amsterdam
An average price in a decent Amsterdam’s hotel starts from € 80 – € 100 per night. As a rule, the earlier you book, the better price you will be offered. A 5-star hotel, cosy B&B, romantic canal boat or a privately owned apartment – what would you prefer? Holland has a full variety of choice to offer. Check prices and availability >>
Enjoy your visit to the Netherlands!