How to travel to Keukenhof from Amsterdam?
The Keukenhof park is accessible from Amsterdam by bus, train and car. Here are all tips how to find your way to the Keukenhof gardens from Amsterdam. The 9292.nl route planner will help you plan yout trip to Keukenhof from any other location in the Netherlands.
Entrance tickets and combi-tickets to Keukenhof 2023 are available online. In 2023 all Keukenhof tickets are sold only online and you need to book a time-slot in advance.
Tip! Book your Keukenhof tickets with direct transfer from the center of Amsterdam (Overhoeksplein 51). Ticket price (from €42,50) includes the park entrance + round-trip from Amsterdam by shuttle bus.
Keukenhof Travel Guide 2023
- From Amsterdam to Keukenhof by direct transfer bus
- From Amsterdam to Keukenhof by public transport: bus
- From Amsterdam to Keukenhof by public transport: train
- From Amsterdam to Keukenhof: tours
- From Amsterdam to Keukenhof by car
- Keukenhof ticket prices in 2023
From Amsterdam to Keukenhof by direct transfer bus
Taking a transfer bus from Amsterdam can be a good option if you want to travel to Keukenhof directly. There are two different direct transfers operating between Amsterdam and Keukenhof.
The bus departing from the This is Holland experience (). Just take a free ferry from Amsterdam Central Station to the opposite side of the IJ, where “This is Holland” is a 2-minute walk away.
Travel time to Keukenhof is around 45 minutes. The price (from € 42,50) includes entrance to Keukenhof and round-trip by bus. Book tickets online >>
Tours & Tickets bus transfer. The bus departs from De Ruijterkade, 34 (the opposite side of the Central train station of Amsterdam).
Travel time to Keukenhof is around 45 minutes. The price (€ 39,50) includes entrance to Keukenhof and round-trip by bus. Book tickets online >>
Tip! You can also book this trasfer for € 35 instead of € 39,50. Choose tickets without guide, departure time 14:30 – and here you go!
From Amsterdam to Keukenhof by bus (public transport)
In 2023 you can also take bus line 852 from Amsterdam RAI which will take you to the Keukenhof entrance.
You can plan your door-to-door journey using a free Glimble app.
Keukenhof travel options in 2023. Source: Keukenhof.nl
You can book Keukenhof combi-tickets (entrance + return bus ticket from Amsterdam) for € 36. Please note that in 2023 prior reservation is required for all tickets.
The time that you choose during the booking process is based on departure with bus 852 from Europaplein/RAI Amsterdam. All buses departing 30 minutes before and 60 minutes after the chosen timeslot can be taken.
If you want to have a flexible departure time, we recommend to order the Tulip Festival Card (from €51), a combi-ticket which includes:
- Keukenhof entrance ticket
- Amsterdam & Region Travel ticket for 1 – 3 days (you can also use it in public transport in Amsterdam and for travelling to the Zaanse Schans, Volendam, Haarlem many other places around Amsterdam)
- Two audio tours, including the guide for cycling through the flower fields near Keukenhof
- 10% discount on your next booking (you can use it to book museum tickets).
This card includes everything you need to enjoy Keukenhof and the flower fields. It also includes transportation to the Keukenhof without timeslots, which gives you extra flexibility while planning your trip.
Book the Tulip Festival Card online >>
Alternatively, you can travel via Schiphol airport. A combi-ticket from Schiphol costs € 31.
There are two ways to travel from Amsterdam to Schiphol:
- You can take a train from Amsterdam Centraal station to Schiphol station. This ticket is not included into the combi-ticket price.
- Or you can take the Connexxion bus 397 from Leidseplein, Museumplein or Concertgebouw to Schiphol Airport. This ticket is included into the combi-ticket price (€ 36).
At Schiphol you have to take bus line 858 Keukenhof Express Schiphol – Amsterdam.
Check the Keukenhof Express FAQ here >>
Approximate travel times by Keukenhof Express are:
- line 852 form Amsterdam RAI – 35 minutes.
- line 858 from Schiphol – 30-35 minutes.
Tours from Amsterdam to the Keukenhof gardens
You can also take a Keukenhof guided tour from Amsterdam. Prior booking required.
From Amsterdam to Keukenhof by train
There is no train station directly next to Keukenhof.
Take a train to Leiden Centraal (a return ticket from Amsterdam costs € 22,20 in 2023). At Leiden Centraal station change to the bus line 854 (Leiden – Keukenhof express). Combi-ticket from Leiden (entrance + return transfer) costs € 31.
From Amsterdam to Keukenhof by car
The Keukenhof gardens are located between Amsterdam and Leiden. To plan your route use Keukenhof’s address in your navigation: Stationsweg 166A, Lisse.
It will take you around 40 minutes (sometimes more depending on the traffic) to drive from Amsterdam to Keukenhof. Parking costs € 6 a day. Parking tickets are available online.
From Schiphol airport to Keukenhof
Planning to go to the gardens directly from Schiphol? Check it out how to get to Keukenhof from the airport >>
Keukenhof tickets prices in 2023:
- adults – € 19,50
- children (aged 0 to 3) – free
- children (aged 4 to 11) – € 9
- entrance + direct transfer from Amsterdam – from € 42,50
Keukenhof combi-tickets (entrance + return bus ticket) in 2023 cost:
- € 36 if you travel from Amsterdam RAI
- € 31 if you travel from Schiphol or Amsterdam Centraal
- € 31 from Leiden
- € 31 from Haarlem, Heemstede, Hillegom
- € 17,50 tickets for children (4-17).
In 2023 you need to book tickets to Keukenhof with a time-slot online.
In 2023 the Keukenhof gardens are open every day from 23 March untill 14 May.
Planning your visit to Keukenhof? Make sure you book a hotel in advance as in April – May the Netherlands are popular among visitors. Check out our tips: Visiting Keukenhof: where to stay?
We would like to visit the gardens on the 21/05/2017, my wife is in a wheelchair and cannot climb stairs into a bus or combi. She can help herself into the front seat of a saloon car, is it possible to visit the gardens by taxi and is there a discount for disabled persons?