How expensive is Amsterdam? How much money should I take to Amsterdam? These are the questions probably everyone is curious about while planning a vacation in the Netherlands. Here are the prices in 2021 that will help you calculate your approximate budget.
Prices in Amsterdam in 2021
Tip: for long-distance travels inside the Netherlands check for discounted day tickets (dagkaarten), which are often sold in shops like Blokker, Kruidvat, HEMA, Etos or Albert Heijn.
Museums & Attractions Prices in Amsterdam
Tip: buying museum tickets online will help you avoid long waiting lines. Sometimes it will also save you a couple of euros compared to the counter price.
Cafes, bars, restaurants in Amsterdam
- € 3,50 – 6 – a glass of beer
- € 3,50 – 6 – a glass of wine
- € 2,50 – 3,50 – a cup of coffee
- € 3,50 to € 5 – portion of Dutch herring (and this is where you can find it in Amsterdam)
- € 5 – 6 – soup
- € 6 – 12 – sandwich
- from € 30 – three course menu dinner (per person, alcohol not included).
Supermarkets in Amsterdam
- from € 4 – a bottle of wine
- € 4-7 – a package (6 х 0,33) of beer
- € 1-2 – one liter of juice
- € 3 – 250 gr of salami
- € 6 – one kilo of chicken filet
Check prices in the Dutch supermarkets >>
Tip: if you visit Albert Heijn shops (the largest Ducht chain of supermarkets) ask for a free bonus card at the Information desk and get discounts for a wide selection of products.
- € 30 – Dutch wooden shoes
- € 10 – for 3 packages of tulips bulbs
- € 1,50 – stroopwafels (10 pieces)
- approx. € 14 – one liter bottle of Genever
- diamonds in Amsterdam – check here >>
- Bloemenmarkt (the Flower Market) offers the biggest and the cheapest selection of souvenirs in Amsterdam, while museum shops offer more chic and sophisticated items.
- At big department stores, like De Bijenkorf, you can order everything you like in online (saves time!) and pick up your order at the customer service desk.
Hotels in Amsterdam
An average night price in a decent Amsterdam’s hotel starts from € 80 – € 100. As a rule, the earlier you book, the better price you get. A 5-star hotel, cosy B&B, romantic canal boat or a privately owned apartment – what would you prefer? The Netherlands have a full variety of choice to offer. Check prices and availability >>
Enjoy your visit to Amsterdam!