You can easily travel to Texel by car. The TESO ferry boat between port Den Helder and Texel island will take you to here in about 20 minutes.
Texel on the map
Texel is one of the Dutch Wadden Islands in the province of North Holland in the Netherlands. The closest town on the coast is Den Helder.
Texel by car: driving directions
- Drive to Den Helder port (navigation address: Havenplein 3, 1781 AB Den Helder).
- Take a ferry boat to Texel.
Ferry boat to Texel
The TESO ferries sail 365 days a year from Den Helder to Texel and back.
Photo: TESO ferry boat Den Helder – Texel island
Prices in 2023
- € 39 for a car on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays
- € 26 (30% discount) for a car on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Ferry boat tickets
Buying ticket online will save you waiting time, especially during weekends.
Good to know:
- A TESO ferry ticket is always a return ticket. You don’t need to buy or present your ticket on the way back.
- No booking required for a ferry crossing. You can use you ticket any time without prior reservation.
TESO ferry boat timetable
- Ferry boats from Den Helder depart every hour from 06:30 till 21:30.
- Ferry boats from Texel depart every hour from 06:00 till 21:00.
On busy days there are additional crossings every 30 minutes. For more information and the current sailing times check https://www.teso.nl/en/time-tables/.
Parking on Texel
From 1 January 2017 parking in all villages and at all entrances to the beach at Texel is paid. Paid parking applies from Monday through Sunday from 08:00 till 20:00. Payment options include the Texel e-vignette, paying per hour at the ticket machine or via a mobile parking payment app.
Read more about parking on Texel >>
Book your accommodation on Texel
How to find the best accommodation on Texel? Tips:
- Check out the local tourism office website Texel.net for campings, bungalow parks, hotels.
- For best holiday homes and nature accommodations check Belvilla.nl.
Need more travel inspiration?
Looking for a special place for a weekend getaway? Welcome on Texel! You will enjoy the relaxing atmosphere, tranquility and stunning landscapes of this beautiful Dutch Wadden Islands, off the coast of the Netherlands. Rent a bike and enjoy the endless fields, meditative sheep and the dune landscape. Climb the famous Texel lighthouse in the north of the island. More things to do on Texel >>