Painted eggs, festive Easter brunches, exciting egg hunt games – will Easter 2021 be the same in COVID-19 times? We believe it’s all in our own hands. And here are some tips how to organize a great Easter 2021 weekend for your family.
Save the date!
- Easter Sunday / Eerste Paasdag – April 4, 2021
- Easter Monday / Tweede Paasdag – April 5, 2021
Due to COVID-19 measures, Easter 2021 in the Netherlands will probably be much different than usual. Which most likely means no Easter Sunday brunches at the restaurants and hotels or kids Easter parties with an egg hunt at the farms and zoos.
And still you can make a great Easter party for your family! Here are some tips how to celebrate Easter 2021 in the Netherlands.
Plan your Easter 2021 family vacation in the Netherlands
The second day of Easter (Tweede Paasdag) always falls on a Monday, which means that the weekend has an extra day. The perfect opportunity to take a short break!
While this season it’s safer to stay away from big hotels and crowds, consider booking a private holiday home for your Easter 2021 weekend in the Netherlands. You can find nice accomodations here:
- Natuurhuisje.nl – including houses with jacuzzi, houses with a swimming pool, and pet-friendly accommodations
- Bed & Breakfasts at Booking.com
- Holiday homes on Texel
Use Belvilla discount code (kortingscode) EASTERBEL15 to get 15% (maximum €100) off your stay. Code is valid till 31 March 2021 for your stay up till 30 June 2021.
Easter fun activities for children
Bake Easter cupcakes or cookies and decorate the eggs together with your kids. You might find it useful:
- Easter cookies cutters set in 12 different shapes
- Set to create 24 Easter Bunny cupcakes, including 24 pairs of eyes, ears and teeth and 24 chocolate noses
- Egg colouring kit
Organize a family photo shoot. It will require just a bit of preparation. Things to buy:
- Party photo booth props, 35 dress-up accessories
- LURK® compact 2 in 1 tripod camera tripod for taking selfies and family fotos
Create Easter crafts
- Easter coloring book: Easter Basket Stuffer for kids ages 4 – 8
- Easter Pictures with Sequins – craft sets for kids
- Colouring placemats for children
Everything for Easter egg hunt
There is a tradition in the Netherlands to hide painted or chocolate Easter eggs for children, which they then have to find.
Easter table decorations
Is everything ready for Easter celebration? Schedule a virtual hangout with family or friends. Even if they cannot join you for Easter breakfast of brunch at your home, you can still enjoy each other’s company and make your Easter 2021 special in its own way.
Stay safe and enjoy your Easter 2021 weekend in the Netherlands!