Painted eggs, festive Easter brunches, exciting egg hunt games – here are some tips how to organize a great Easter 2023 weekend for your family.
Save the date!
- Easter Sunday / Eerste Paasdag – April 9, 2023
- Easter Monday / Tweede Paasdag – April 10, 2023
Here are some tips how to celebrate Easter 2023 in the Netherlands.
Plan your Easter 2023 family vacation in the Netherlands
The second day of Easter (Tweede Paasdag) always falls on a Monday, which means that the weekend has an extra day. The perfect opportunity to take a short break!
If you prefer to stay away from big hotels and crowds, consider booking a private holiday home for your Easter 2023 weekend in the Netherlands. You can find nice accomodations here:
- Natuurhuisje.nl – including houses with jacuzzi, houses with a swimming pool, and pet-friendly accommodations
- Bed & Breakfasts at Booking.com
- Holiday homes on Texel
Easter fun activities for children
Bake Easter cupcakes or cookies and decorate the eggs together with your kids. You might find it useful:
- Easter cookies cutters set in 12 different shapes
- Set to create 24 Easter Bunny cupcakes, including 24 pairs of eyes, ears and teeth and 24 chocolate noses
- Egg colouring kit
Organize a family photo shoot. It will require just a bit of preparation. Things to buy:
- Party photo booth props, 35 dress-up accessories
- LURK® compact 2 in 1 tripod camera tripod for taking selfies and family fotos
Create Easter crafts
- Easter coloring book: Easter Basket Stuffer for kids ages 4 – 8
- Easter Pictures with Sequins – craft sets for kids
- Colouring placemats for children
Everything for Easter egg hunt
There is a tradition in the Netherlands to hide painted or chocolate Easter eggs for children, which they then have to find.
Easter table decorations
Enjoy your Easter 2023 weekend in the Netherlands!